Let’s face it we had the choice. The choice between what customers expect. ie. a copper still with brass elements that is heated by an open flame and what made sense to bring those customers the best possible spirits. ie. stainless steel and direct heating in an isolated base.
But why, you might ask? Copper stills make amazing pictures and selfies! In a way we’d rather bring you amazing spirits than amazing pictures, but that’s not all. Here are the different reasons.
- First, it is not all that bad looking and the design tends to grow on you. Just like the latest Tesla 4 wheel drive.
- Second, unlike a copper cognac still, we can make gins, vodka, rums, whiskeys, brandies, … With amazing quality with just one type of equipment.
- Third, with the way it is built we have true control on what we do. Meaning that if we develop a recipe for you we will be able to get the same result each and every time we start a new run for you.
- Fourth, open flames look great and feel great in the winter. But let’s face it, we would much rather heat what is inside the still than the building surrounding the still.
- Fifth, we are geeks and we love advanced technology that simply makes sense to get amazing taste for you.
- Sixth, stainless steel = easy to clean. When was the last time you had to polish copper to make it beautiful and shiny for a selfie. Even worse when was the last time you cleaned off the green rust that comes with copper.
- Seventh, it is fully scalable. We develop recipes, a lot of them, even some weird ones and most of those in small batches. So we needed technology that permitted starting with the equivalent of 1 bottle and possibly making 300, 500 or even 2000 easily.
- Eight, do we really need to tell you more or are you convinced?
- Ninth, really you need more?
- Tenth, ok, then it is today the best equipment we could find to bring you taste and not folklore.